Friday, April 18, 2008

Ragnar Benson

Who or what is Ragnar Benson. Well, he’s the author of several survival and preparedness books, including, but by no means limited to: “Urban Survival: A Hard-Times Guide to Staying Alive in the City”.

When I first began learning about survival preparedness all I heard about was either running away to live in the woods, or better yet having a survival retreat all prepared where you could hermit away while the rest of the world fell into rack and ruin. I’d done my bit in the woods and am fairly certain I can do what it takes to survive. However, when I moved to the city I began to wonder how I could possibly survive in an urban setting in the event of a large-scale
TEOTWAWKI event.

So when I found Ragnar Benson’s book on
urban survival, I was thrilled. Finally, a book that addressed my concerns about trying to survive in a large metropolitan area. This book gives the city survivor instructions on how to get water, find food, including wild game, and how to prepare and store that food.

The book also addresses concerns about how to set up and secure an urban retreat as well as how to approach bartering with fellow survivors. Then based on the experience of others who’ve lived in foreign-troop occupied cities, he describes how to avoid the military.

If you live in the city and are concerned about survival and preparedness, this book is an absolute necessity. For a link to order the book,
click here.

No comments: